Services Content, Software and Trademarks
You acknowledge and agree that our services may contain content or features (
Services Content) that are protected by copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by us, you agree not to modify, copy, frame, scrape, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on our services or the Services Content, in whole or in part, except that the foregoing does not apply to your own User Content (as defined below under
User Content Transmitted Through the Services) that you legally upload to our services. Any use of our services or the Services Content other than as specifically authorized in these Terms is strictly prohibited. The technology and software underlying our services or distributed in connection therewith as well as any data that is created by us, including any aggregated or de-identified data are the property of us, our affiliates and our partners (the
Software). You agree not to copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by us.
Our name and logos are our trademarks and service marks (collectively the
Trademarks). Other product and service names and logos used and displayed via our services may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners who may or may not endorse or be affiliated with or connected to us. Nothing in these Terms or our services should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of Trademarks displayed on our services, without our prior written permission in each instance. All goodwill generated from the use of Trademarks will inure to our exclusive benefit.
User Content Transmitted Through the Services
With respect to the content or other materials you upload through our services or share with other users or recipients (collectively,
User Content), you represent and warrant that you own all right, title and interest in and to such User Content, including, without limitation, all copyrights and rights of publicity contained therein. By uploading any User Content you hereby grant and will grant us and our affiliated companies a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicensable, perpetual, irrevocable license to copy, display, upload, perform, distribute, store, modify and otherwise use your User Content solely in connection with the operation of our services in any form, medium or technology now known or later developed. You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information about our services, submitted by you to us are non-confidential, and we will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
You acknowledge and agree that we may preserve content and may also disclose content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; enforce these Terms; respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of us, our users and the public. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of our services, including your content, may involve transmissions over various networks; and changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
We respect the intellectual property of others, and expect our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, you should notify us of your infringement claim in accordance with the procedure set forth below.
We will process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (
DMCA) and other applicable intellectual property laws with respect to any alleged or actual infringement. A notification of claimed copyright infringement should be emailed to us at email@example.com with the subject line
DMCA Takedown Request. You may also contact us by mail at Next Mountain Corp., P.O. Box 60766, Palo Alto, CA 94306. To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on our service, with enough detail that we may find it on our service;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
If you believe that your User Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to upload and use the content in your User Content, you may send us a written counter-notice containing the following information:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court located within Santa Clara County, California and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court located within Santa Clara County, California and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If we receive a counter-notice, we will send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in ten (10) business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at our sole discretion.
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, we have adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and in our sole discretion, users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. We may also, in our sole discretion, limit access to our services and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, we have adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and in our sole discretion, users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. We may also, in our sole discretion, limit access to our services and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.